2013 Call for Nominations: MATSOL Board of Directors
Show your commitment to the value of the Massachusetts Association of Teachers of Speakers of Other Languages (MATSOL) and help to shape its future!
The MATSOL Nominations Committee is charged with developing a slate of qualified candidates to fill open positions on the MATSOL Board of Directors. We invite your participation in this important process. Help us identify competent, energetic, committed members of MATSOL to serve in these important leadership roles, people who will work on your behalf and represent you, the MATSOL members. Nominees will be elected by the membership at the MATSOL Annual Meeting on May 2, 2013 at the MATSOL 2013 Conference. Nominations are due April 7, 2013.
Board Member Commitment
- Support for MATSOL’s mission.
- Be interested in taking a leadership role to help shape the future of MATSOL and willing to make a commitment to do so.
- Be a MATSOL member in good standing for at least one year prior to nomination, with previous attendance or leadership in MATSOL activities and initiatives (conference, member meetings, advocacy, publications, etc).
- Serve a three-year term from June 2013 to May 2016.
- Attend all Board of Directors meetings (approximately 1 per month), the board annual retreat and the MATSOL conference.
- Serve on at least one standing committee (Nominations, Awards, Conference, Publications, Advocacy or Professional Development Advisory Committees), and attend meetings and complete tasks related to the work of the committee.
The Board of Directors is responsible for overseeing MATSOL’s operations:
- Membership activities, programs and the annual conference;
- Advocacy initiatives and responses;
- Membership development;
- TESOL affiliate responsibilities;
- Financial and legal obligations as a non-profit organization.
Members may self-nominate or nominate a colleague. The nominee should complete the attached Nomination Form and a current resume. If you are nominating a colleague, please include a brief statement explaining your recommendation. Write to the Nominations Committee c/o email@example.com if you have any questions about serving on the board.
Click here to download and print the nomination form (.pdf fillable form)
Mail or fax the nominations forms to the MATSOL Office by 12 midnight Sunday, April 7, 2013.
The MATSOL Nominations Committee will contact the nominee in the fall for a brief interview, to explain more about being a board member, and to answer any questions about the position. Members will vote on the nominations at the Annual Meeting.