MATSOL Currents is the official newsletter of the MATSOL. It is published twice a year.
Submit to MATSOL Currents
We welcome submissions to MATSOL Currents:
- An article about your school, program, or classroom.
- An issue of concern to our field.
- A book or resource review.
Please refer to our submission guidelines for more details and ideas: Web page / Print PDF
- Your professional news (about an award, honor, promotion, publication, presentation etc) to share with colleagues. Submit your item here.
Spring/Summer 2014 Issue -- April 15, 2014
Fall/Winter 2014 Issue -- October 15, 2014
Send submissions to Currents[at]matsol.org
Join the Publications Committee
Spring/Summer 2015 Issue
In this issue:
- President’s Message
- MATSOL's New Strategic Plan 2014
- Conference Planning: A Peak Behind the Scenes by Kathy Lobo
- Submit to MATSOL Publications
- An Update on The Newcomer Curriculum: Spring 2014 by Sonya Merian And Genevra Valvo
- Community College ESOL Networking Meetings by Juanita Brunelle
- An Update on Adult Education in Massachusetts by Laurie Sheridan
- Hands-On Guided Reading with Ells by Monica Filgo
- Graphic Organizers Streamline Learning for Ells adapted from The Official Blog Of Mayor Robert J. Dolan, Melrose, MA
- Teaching the Art and Craft of Writing: Treating Words and Pictures as Equal Languages For Learning by Beth Olshansky
- Improved Student Learning through Teacher Inquiry by Sarah Ottow and Jacqui Holmes
- Creating Opportunities for Pre-Service Teachers to Work with English Language Learners by James Nagle
- Blended Learning in An Intensive TESOL Certificate Course by Pamela A. Shea
- The Accreditation Conundrum: Reconciling Objectives, Assessment, and Student Learning Outcomes with the Natural Acquisition of Language by Nathaniel Freedman
- The Triple Package, by Amy Chua and Jed Rubenfeld, reviewed by Eileen Feldman
- Additive Schooling in Subtractive Times: Bilingual Education And Dominican Immigrant Youth in the Heights, By L. Bartlett And O. García, reviewed by Lisa Cullington
- Understanding and Using English Grammar, by Betty Azar And Stacy Hagen, reviewed by Rima Alrajhi
View current issue (members only - login required)